the handle is invalid error on windows 10
‘The handle is invalid‘ error message blocks users’ access to their respective accounts on their computers. Mostly, this error is triggered by third-party softwares installed recently on the affected system. But don’t worry. Try this easy solution on your computer and everything will work just fine.
Fix – Modify Local Security Policy
Modifying the ‘Network security‘ policies should solve the issue on your device.
1. To open a Run window, press Windows key+R.
2. Then, type this to access the Local Security Policy, followed by a click on “OK“.
3. In the Local Security Policy, simply click on the headers to navigate this way-
Local Policies > Security Options
4. Then, on the right-hand side, scroll down and double click on the “Network Security: LAN Manager authentication level” to access it.
5. Next, click on the drop-down and select the second option, which is “Send LM & NTLM – use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated“.
6. After these, sequentially click on ‘Apply‘ and ‘OK‘.
7. Coming back to the Local Security Policy window, double click on “Network Security: Minimum session security for NTLM SSP based (including secure RPC) clients” to edit it.
8. What you need to do next is to uncheck the parameter “Require 128-bit encryption“.
9. Thereafter, click on “Apply” and “OK“.
After these, close the Local Security Policy window.
Then, restart your computer and you will breeze through the Sign-in page.